Skip to main content

Health and Wellness Benefits for Staff

Employee Health and Wellness


Employee Benefits Guide

2020 Health Benefits Information

Below are the current health benefits options for employees.

Health plan comparison
Health plan details
Prescription drug coverage (Express Scripts)
Vision coverage
Dental coverage
  • Brochure 
  • Contact:​​​​
    • CareFirst Preferred Dental PPO ("dental buy up") - 1-866-891-2802
    • CareFirst Basic Dental DHMO (basic plan) - 410-847-9060 or 1-888-833-8464
Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
Life insurance
Long-term disability

Employee Assistance Program

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help you head off an issue before it becomes a problem. You can meet with someone in person or over the phone (call 866-529-8063), or visit the Achieve Solutions website for information on managing life events (such as marriage or the birth of a child) and on topics including depression, managing stress, and alcohol use and abuse. Read this welcome letter to learn more. 

Your EAP resources include referral and counseling services for issues including

  • Work/life balance
  • Sound mental health
  • Recovery
  • Healthy living
  • Financial stability
  • Fulfilling relationships
  • Professional success
  • Child and elder care

For more information, download this brochure from Beacon Health Options / Achieve Solutions, City Schools' EAP provider or call 1-866-529-8063. The EAP upholds strict confidentiality standards. No one will know you have accessed the program services unless you specifically grant permission or express a concern that presents the EAP with a legal obligation to release information.

Eligible Dependents

Below is a list of most eligible dependents, with the documentation that must be provided to prove the relationship. Copies of documents are acceptable, as long as they are clearly legible.

Dependents can be enrolled during the annual open enrollment period in the fall. Dependents can also be added after a "life changing" event — for example, a marriage or birth or adoption of a child. In these cases, contact the benefits team in the Human Capital Office to learn how to update your coverage.

  • Spouse-Marriage certificate and, if married longer than 12 months, tax return filed within the past two years showing same address for spouse and employee. If you cannot provide a tax return, you can submit two separate documents that prove continued cohabitation (lease, mortgage statement, joint bill, etc.)
  • Dependent child (by birth)*-Birth certificate
  • Dependent child (by adoption or guardianship)*-Birth certificate and official court documents
  • Stepchild*-Birth certificate, marriage certificate
  • Disabled dependent-Birth certificate, completed disabled dependent waiver request (note that the dependent must be covered under the plan prior to age 19)

(* Dependent children can be covered up to the month that they turn 26 years of age.)